Wednesday, July 14, 2010

season 3

I'm starting the 3rd season of Veronica Mars. This means that I'm 15 episodes away from resuming my normal life. I've seen the entire series before, but it's proving to be just as engrossing the 2nd time around.

Yesterday we had our weekly CSA pick up. Every time I go I feel like a little kid in a candy shop, but yesterday's was one of the better ones. We got onions, scallions, beets, potatoes, cilantro, lettuce, green beans, and sugar snap peas. I've always liked beets but I'm pretty sure they've always come out of a can. My grandma used to serve them at Sunday dinner all the time but I have no clue if they fresh or canned. So I'm considering yesterday as my 1st experience with fresh beets. I cooked them last night in boiling water for about 30 minutes, peeled them, chopped them, and put them in the fridge. It was a success, I ate them today and haven't gotten sick yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment