Saturday, July 31, 2010

home sweet Saturday

I'm full! I decided to make zucchini bread today and it's all I've eaten....literally. It was my 1st attempt at making any sort of bread, I actually had to go to the grocery store and buy some cheap bread pans. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. I added a little nutmeg because Paula Deen's recipe had nutmeg and it sounded like a good addition.



I made a crumb topping for one of them but next time I'll skip it. Both loafs turned out great, so moist and delicious. I'm excited for Colin to try it when he gets home, I think he'll be quite impressed. He eats more bread than anyone I know.

I also made a homemade sugar/salt scrub this morning. I read an article about beauty products this morning and decided to try it myself. I used some light olive oil, brown sugar, sea salt, and vanilla extract. It was actually quite nice. The sugar gives your skin a nice scrub and the oil made my skin so soft that I didn't even bother with lotion like I normally do. It was a fun little endeavor that I'll definitely try again. Next time I'd like to use almond oil in hopes of a little bit better smell.

I have a new favorite game...Diner Dash was starting to wear thin. It's an iPhone/iPad game called We Farm. You basically build a farm from the ground up, it's kind of like The Sims. Colin tried to convince me not to play it because it's a "time waster". Then I asked him how Star Craft is any different. I win. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your bread looks delicious. I have been wanting to make pumpkin bread for several weeks now. Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin! I was just looking up some pumpkin recipes today! Pumpkin bread is definitely on the list. Have you tried substituting apple sauce for a portion of the vegetable oil?

    ReplyDelete